18 August 2018

Happy Birthday - 10 years old


I see that this Army Service Numbers 1881-1918 blog is ten years old today and as I launched it when I was living in India, it seems fitting that the image on this post should be from the Durbar that took place in Delhi in 1911. The new King Emperor George V and his wife Queen Mary were regally entertained with all the pomp and ceremony one might have expected.

Queen Victoria's army and the armies of her son, King Edward VII, and his son, King George V, remain a passion for me. In the last ten years I have written over 500 posts for this blog, not to mention countless posts for my other blogs. Last year, I launched a new initiative, British Army Ancestors, a site where you can upload photographs of your soldier ancestors and which also works rather well as a fast free search of over 11.6m British Army records sourced from The National Archives and elsewhere. It's free to search but you'll need to pay to view records.

In the meantime, I will continue to post information on this blog and I welcome comments, although the sheer volume of correspondence I receive means that sometimes my responses are delayed. 

So thanks for supporting this blog and in the meantime, "Happy Birthday to Army Service Numbers 1881-1918, Happy Birthday to Army Service Numbers 1881-1918..."


I research soldiers!
Contact me if you think I can help.


No comments:

Grab a book bargain - 1000s of titles