26 February 2009

Army photos - an appeal


Help me to illustrate the Army Service Numbers blog.

I'll return to army service numbers issued to the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders tomorrow. For today though, an appeal.

I like, wherever possible, to illustrate each post with a relevant image. I have done so in some instances already, using a combination of photographs and postcards in my collection as well as those that I have found on-line. Inevitably though, there will be those regiments - and as far as I am concerned, the A&S Highlanders is a good example - for which I have no image at all.

So that's my request. If anybody has suitable images that I could use for any of the battalions and regiments discussed in these posts, I'd be very happy to use them. In return, I can provide a link to the site of your choice (as long as it's non-commercial) and of course give due acknowledgement. You can drop me a line at links@chailey1914-1918.net.

The undated photograph on this post comes from my collection and shows convalescent soldiers snowballing, somewhere in England.


I also offer a comprehensive, fast and cost-effective military history research service. Follow the link for more information.


No comments:

Grab a book bargain - 1000s of titles