As 2020 draws to a close, here are some of my highlights of the year.
- Including this post, a late flurry in December has seen me publish 41 Army Service Numbers blog posts
- I wrote 1 Army Ancestry Research blog post and have effectively abandoned this blog
- I responded to over 600 British Army research enquiries through my blogs, via Facebook and via email. In the last 365 days I have written hundreds of thousands of words about the British Army.
- I published 16 blog posts on my British Army Ancestors website and added tens of thousands of photos. The site now has over 100,000 photos and 12m searchable records
- I continue to post daily on the British Army Ancestors Facebook page and commemorate those who gave so much. The photo on this post was published on the Facebook page on Christmas Day this year.
So what else is in store for 2021?
Covid-19, wokeism, assaults on freedom of speech, revisionist history and the destruction of national monuments have combined to make 2020 a dreadful year. I can only hope that 2021 will be better.