13 January 2012

The formation of The Labour Corps in 1917

Not for the first time, I am indebted to my pal Graham Stewart for supplying the following scans of ACI 611 which in turn reference The Royal Warrant of 21st February 1917 (issued as Army Order 85 of 1917) which sanctioned the formation of The Labour Corps.

Whilst I have detailed information on the numbering patterns in most corps, I have always steered clear of The Labour Corps and The Army Service Corps.  This information from Graham therefore fills a huge gap for me personally and will, I hope, be of interest to others as well.  Click on the images for readable versions.

Army Council Instruction 611

 
 
 
 

Appendix 106


 
 
 
 
 

Appendix 107

 
 
 
 
I also offer a comprehensive, fast and cost-effective military history research service. Follow the link for more information.


No comments:

Grab a book bargain - 1000s of titles