26 June 2009

8th & 9th London Regiment updates

I've added some dates and army service numbers within the re-numbered six digit range for two London Regiment battalions: the 8th (City of London) Battalion (Post Office Rifles) and the 9th (County of London) Battalion (Queen Victoria's Rifles).

If anybody has a good 8th London's photo I can use on that post, I'll gladly acknowledge and reciprocate with a link.


I also offer a comprehensive, fast and cost-effective military history research service. Follow the link for more information.

2 comments:

Paul C said...

Hi, having recently found my great uncles WWI medals I am looking for any archive photos of the 9th London R.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Matt

Paul Nixon said...

I reckon your best bet would be to join the Great War Forum and post the same message there. When you do post, also give details about your great uncle: his full name and his army number. The GWF address is http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/

Grab a book bargain - 1000s of titles